Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

What is the value of this vintage cedar chest, and during…

For Glenda B: What is...
For Glenda B: What is the value of this vintage cedar chest, and during which 20th-century decade do you think it was made?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Is this marked? This is a waterfall style cedar chest, these were produced in the 1920-25 era>

No discernible maker's mark.

Thank you, ***** ***** sure it is not Lane!

.

The Vintage Waterfall Design Cedar Chest, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $700.00-750.00 if sold at an auction (a local auction ) it would sell for a little less, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $700.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $ 750.00

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.

If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

On the bottom of the Waterfall style cedar chest, we found these stenciled numbers: 104-45. Does this mean the chest was made in 1945?

No that is an inventory number, the water fall was a prelude to the depression era. They made this style from the 20's until late 30's.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Thanks!

You are welcome