Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Me again. Can you please give me an estimated value for this…

For Glenda B: Me again...
For Glenda B: Me again. Can you please give me an estimated value for this Empire style Jackson Press (named for ***** *****) made in Tennessee in the mid-1800s? It has two drawers above a two-door cupboard, two round-turned columns in front, and four round-turned feet. It's 45 inches tall and 41.5 inches wide; There is no hutch on top of it.
3/19/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

I have seen these before, a friend from Tennessee had one of these in her Antique Shop. These are great. It looks to be Walnut and in excellent condition.

.

The Jackson Press Server, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1100.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1100.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.

It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser