Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

3/19/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

China head dolls are dated by the way there molded hair is styled, the forehead height.

Your antique porcelain head china doll has her hair middle parted, with short curls around and flat top with high forehead indicating that she dates to 1860 - 1870s. The head form shape is referred to as "Civil War Head".

She appears to be wearing an original period doll dress as well.

The crack in the porcelain is a condition issue that severely impacts the value. On today's market, this could sell for as high as $50, even with the dress.

Yes, Ebay would be the best venue for selling this doll.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora