Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I would like to ask you about some art in the family. We…

Customer Question
Greetings! I would like...

Greetings! I would like to ask you about some art in the family. We have some pictures that were acquired through sale of the house or through my Grandpa's Antique store over 52 years ago. I was wondering if I could send you an image if there is any information you could gather from it. They both are over a hundred years old. One is the picture of the Madonna holding baby Jesus and the other is a Pierre De Puvis," St. Genevieve watching over Paris".

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Well my Grandfather and Father/Mother were antique collectors My Grandfather as I mentioned owned an antique store in the 60's-early 70's and when it closed a lot of the merchandise was given to my Dad and Mom. We have loads of things for an estate sale and don't know where to start as far as pricing. You see, my Father recently passed away and now we have to have these things appraised for an upcoming auction.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/19/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 4 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

Are these pieces signed?