Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Can you tell me the current value of this one-drawer oak…

For Glenda: Can you tell...
For Glenda: Can you tell me the current value of this one-drawer oak library table with a shelf underneath?
3/19/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hi Again

The picture is pretty dark, I cannot make this out very well. Also it seems to be over sized. It looks to me a Mission Style Library table, is that correct?

Just a heads up, do not ask too many questions in a short period of time, my customers who did this had their accounts flagged by the system, and then suspended, I would spread these out over a few days. I just thought I would let you know what happens so this does not happen to you.

Glenda

I suspect this library table could be from the Mission period.
Thanks for your advice. I'm asking a lot of questions today because I believe my 7-day membership expires today. I don't mean to kill the messenger, but it seems unethical for an active account to be suspended because of multiple questions. What should I do if that happens to me?

Hello

Well when you read their statement on their page, they state they reserve the right to suspend accounts if they deem abuse. My customers told me that. Appraisers are not employees we come to the site to answer questions customers ask.

If you get suspended, you should contact customer service.

.

Yes Better

The Oak Library Table, has an estimated value of $***-**-****.00. The Hand carved. cane bottom chair-$150.00-165.00

Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Offerup.com, Varagesale.com, Wanelo.com, www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com and letgo.com. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser