Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Is there a stadavarious with a country scene around the

Customer Question
Is there a stadavarious...

Is there a stadavarious with a country scene around the sides all away around it?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

A country scene around the outside edge of the violin

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

There is a label inside the violin it says stradavarious and also has on the label

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/19/2018
Antique Expert: Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions replied 4 months ago
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions

Greetings and good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to submit your questions regarding your violin. The easy answer is no, Stradivarius did not produce violins made with painted or inlaid scenes of any kind. There were a lot of companies who made violins in the 'Style of Stradivarius' and many did affix labels in the insides of the instrument which said they were by Stradivarius. This isn't to say that your violin isn't valuable, it just isn't "Strat-valuable".

If you would like to upload an image or two of the piece you have and hopefully of the decoration as well, I'd be happy to give you an evaluation on what you do have. Otherwise, if this evaluation has been helpful please take a moment to rate my service using the 'Stars'.

Most Sincerely,

Erin-Marie