Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Represent private collector of a Picasso painting that wants…

Represent private collector of...

Represent private collector of a Picasso painting that wants to sell privately not through an auction.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

We represent a private collector that wishes to sell privately a Picasso Portrait de femme de profil 1936,

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The painting is 25 5/8 x 21 1/8

3/19/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
What do you need to know exactly?

Approximate value...the org is 25 1/8 x 21 1/8 inches dated April 24,1936 titled Portrait de femme de profil
It should say the painting is...

Hello

Is this an Oil On Canvas?

oil on canvas

Thank you looking this up

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
An Authentic Pablo Picasso 1881 - 1973 PORTRAIT DE FEMME Profil, 25 1/8 x 21 1/8 inches dated April 24 1936, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $8,818,000 - 10,500,000. Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.

If you sell to a art dealer, you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Thank you very helpfull five stars

You are very welcome, in order to rate me you have to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page, either on the right or the left, if on a phone, it may be on the top or perhaps located at the bottom.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

I notice you posted to me

" Thank you very help full five stars "

Yet I notice that the rating is 4 stars, is that from you ? I am asking because I am wondering if there is a glitch with the system?