Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

What is the current value of this Victorian-era chest of…

What is the current value...
What is the current value of this Victorian-era chest of drawers with hand-carved pulls? (Two photos attached)
3/19/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

There are not photos here>

Yes, I have one, it shows a Victorian Chest, with Carved Leaf Style drawer pulls is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is correct.

Thank you, ***** ***** question, so I can give you a informed appraisal. Is this marked by a maker, or do you know who made this? Do you by chance have a date for this? Any information you have is very helpful

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where on the chest would I search for a manufacturer's mark?

Hello

It should be on the back or in one of the drawers if it is marked?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looked at back of chest, inside and on the back of each drawer; found no maker's mark.

Thank you,

.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Antique Victorian Chest with Carved Pulls, circa: late 1800 to 1910, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1150.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1150.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Offerup.com, Varagesale.com, Wanelo.com, www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com and letgo.com. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did you see my similar question about a Victorian-era dresser, also with hand-carved leaf-design drawer pulls, and with a hand-carved mirror in addition? If so, did the photo of that come through?

Hello

No, I did not see that one. The one I answered here is this one " Victorian-era chest of drawers "

You must have asked that on a different question. If you did I am sure someone answered it for you.

Glenda

The Victorian Dresser with Carved Wood Pulls, Kerosene lantern holders on the Mirror, has an estimated value of

$1***-**-****.00. You can sell this on several sites for pick up only. Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can also list this locally on Craigslist, in your area.

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser