Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

What is the value of this walnut bed with hand-carved

headboard and footboard? My grandmother...
What is the value of this walnut bed with hand-carved headboard and footboard? My grandmother was born on this bed in 1891.(Three photos attached)
3/19/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

At your convenience, please add a photo showing the head board for the bed frame. Only the foot board is showing.

Traveling currently.

I will be in my office this evening, so no rush.

~Nora

I'm only feeling rushed because my 7-day membership expires today.

Thank you for the image, I am in the office now.

This high back, 19th century, Victorian walnut bedframe with head board and footboard could sell for up to $800 on today's market.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I do see that we have some answered and unrated questions still - if you could also take a moment to rate them that would be very helpful.

~Nora

Nora