Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a piece of fine art that I would like to get opinion…

I have a piece...

I have a piece of fine art that I would like to get opinion if its valuable or not

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Its a rafael madonna del granducca-reg number 6737 not signed approx 13x33 in a frame

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I know its at least 69 years old since I remember it hanging on the wall all my life and maybe sooner-(pre 1955?)

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Is this a print or an oil painting on canvas?

not sure but can forward pics

Ok, thanks

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images, Be sure to be signed into Google Chrome in order for this link to work, if not signed into Google Chrome, then you have to copy and paste the link in your browser.
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.
Or you can use this site, then forward the link from your pictures to the messsage area.
https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images
.

I believe its a print

When you look at the back of this, do those little pieces that are sticking out feel like a cloth or paper?

paper-they were from the original paper cover that was brittle that I removed to get the back of the picture

Thank you, ***** ***** appear to be a Print applied to board, which they applied prints to textured boards to create an oil painting look.

.

This Print applied to Board, unsigned by the artist but, it is after the original oil painting by Raphael, who was Italian and live fro 1483-1520 this oil on board was done in 1930's-1940's

.

The Madonna Del Granduca has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $250.00-300.00 if sold at an auction (a local auction ) it would sell for a little less if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $300.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $300.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser