Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Can you tell me what the correct name of this strainer type…

Good morning. Can you tell...
Good morning. Can you tell me what the correct name of this strainer type vintage pan is and the age, worth? Thank you. It came from a water community in Virginia.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is a skimmer, strainer or colander for cream or other liquids to strain the

liquid off either cream.milk or for washing vegetables/fruits. This was not used for cooking

over a fire or for roasting since it has a wooden handle that would not be used on a fire.

It dates to 1800 to 1840 and has a value of $45 resale.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares