Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

How much is this couch worth? Want to sell it on Craig’s…

How much is this couch...
How much is this couch worth? Want to sell it on Craig’s list but have no idea what to list it for.3 piece sectional. Cotillion Khaki. Bought at sunrisehome.com about 10 years ago.98” x 98” x 31” high overall. Left and right sections are 38w x 41d x 31h.
Middle is 77w x 47d x 31h.
3/19/2018
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

Originally this sectional probably cost over $10,000; however, it is considered used furniture now. Still, sectionals are very popular now.

Your asking price on Craig's List should be $4500-6500.

I truly wish I had better news.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20%-50% more than retail values.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.
You can also add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.

I think our responses crossed at the same time. Thank you for the tag.

Again,

I truly wish I had better news.

I hope I have helped you.

Kind regards.

Doris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just learned that my wife bought it for $3500. What would you sell it for?

These are very expensive now, if new.

Considering the original price was $3500, the current Craigs List asking price should be $1800-2200.

You might also place an ad on your local nextdoor.com site if you have one.

Positive, please.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She says she got it at a half off sale. Was $7000 and she got it for $3500.

Although popular, it is still used furniture. You can ask $2600-3200 max.

Kind regards,

Doris

Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser

**********************
Thank you so much for the positive rating! If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “For Doris only” as the first three words of the question. I should be the one to take your question.

Thank you again.
**********************

Doris
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser