Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have some very old buttons form my Aunts estate. I have…

Customer Question
We have some very...

We have some very old buttons form my Aunts estate. I have some picture's

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The button are attached to cardboard by thread. some are military,bakealite and children buttons.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

One of the military button is dated 1898.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/19/2018
Antique Expert: ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser replied 6 months ago
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser

Hi! I'd be happy to research them. Do you have a few pictures you can attach using the paperclip function and I can research your items?

Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures?

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

Alternately, you can upload them to the free site www.imgur.com and post the link here.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer