Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a certification of Joseph F. Finnegan as being

Federal Mediation and Conciliation Director...
I have a certification of Joseph F. Finnegan as being Federal Mediation and Conciliation Director sign by President Eisenhower and Secretary of State Dulles
There is great interest in Eisenhower in this area, Stevenson his Democratic challenger came from this area and lived less that 20 miles away. Democratic challenger in the Presidential campaigns for two attempts in the 1950s.
There is a presidential seal on the certificate.
Does the certification by PSA DNA increase the value of the certificate?
PSA indicated that they get very little authorization on the Eisenhower signature. It is very rare for them to do it.
Does having Dulles as a secondary signature increase the Value?
Someone spent much money on the frame it was done in 1995.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser

Thanks for the question! So, there are two values here for your historical document. As a document by itself signed by Eisenhower as president and Dulles, comparables have sold at the $250 to $350 level at auction (see: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6744188_619-dwight-eisenhower-dulles-signed-document) and as a display item in its nice frame, $350 to $500 would be a fair market value and for insurance (retail replacement value) $600 to $900 would be appropriate.

Let me know if I can be of further help! Please rate my professionalism as it's the only way JustAnswer recognizes experts for our time.

ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Good Morning

Thank you for the request,.

The Framed Certification of Joseph F. Finnegan as being Federal Mediation and Conciliation Director signed by President Eisenhower and Co Signed by Secretary of State Dulles with Presidential Seal, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $2***-**-****.00. If you would like to see other items of Eisenhower, you can see them here: http://www.historyforsale.com/signer-memorabilia/president-dwight-d-eisenhower/41880
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.

.
If you sell to a dealer, you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I had PSA DNA verify that the autographs are true. Their letter indicates the the signature of Dulles and Eisenhower are right. Does that increase the value of the certificate? I have the letter taped on the back of the frame of the certificate.

Hello

The value given is that of one that the autographs are authentic.

Glenda