Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a stamped Realistic frame signed by M.H. Slotnick…

Customer Question
I have a stamped...

I have a stamped Realistic frame signed by M.H. Slotnick called The Light House original oilette would anybody interested in buying it and a value .....it says 1968 beside hissinature on painting

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is a light house on the beach looks like East Coast U.S. and has two row boats on the beach and one boat has numbers M5 75115 J

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

A printed card on the back of the frame from Realistic Arts Inc Grand Rapids Michigan

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/18/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 4 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris