Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I've got a book, Life Of Davey Crockett, purchasd by my

Customer Question
I've got a book...

I've got a book, Life Of Davey Crockett, purchasd by my husband's great grandfather in 1880. Publishr is Porter & Coates, Philadelphia. Excellent condition. Worth anything?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

We have a hardbound book, Life of David Crockett, purchased in Dec. of 1880 by my husband's great grandfather. It is in excellent condition. Is it worth anything?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I don't know what else would be important to an appraiser.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/18/2018
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 4 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me to look up the current value on this book. Thank you I will post here shortly.

Hello,thank you this book has a value of 35.00. To sell it you would see a realized price of 20-25.00. Life of David Crockett, hardbound, published in 1869 (you said it was bought in 1880 and the next edition did not come out until 1890) Thank you for coming to just answer. If I may be of further help please let me know.