Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

3/18/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Thank you for the request here. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
Thank you.

My apologies for the delay, I am traveling on business currently.

Are you able to open the backside to show the movement and any markings that may on the movement.

~Nora

Will send details later.
It's really really hard to see, even with the magnifying glass. All I can see is "Suisse" and "14K". There is a tiny stamp of some sort and 6 small numbers.

I will await images of the works at your convenience. ~Nora

I can't get a picture. It does say Suisee and 14K, has 6 numbers and a mark too.
Suisse

It appears another stone is missing that should be in the center of the flower next to the one with the ruby, yes?

Thank you for confirming.

As an antique non-working Swiss pocket watch with 14K gold case and cracked enamel face, with 1 affixed ruby and a missing stone, this would likely not garner $750 on today's market. If the $750 appraisal was done around 2008 - 2011, gold was at a very high value due to the Recession, which may account for the valuation.

I suggest having this weighed for precious metal value at a silver/gold buyer shop. They will do this at no charge and offer you cash on the spot, which you have a choice to accept or decline.

You can also try a vintage or estate jewelry dealer (most private owned, non-commercial jewelry shops handle estate jewelry) to see if they have interest in purchasing the pocketwatch.

You would likely garner $300 - $400 for this on today's market.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Nora