Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a lot of old books. Where is the best place online to…

I have a lot...

I have a lot of old books. Where is the best place online to sell them?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have managed to make a onedrive file with most of the titles and pictures of most of the books. What would be the best course now?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

All of the books are not antiques, just older. The library contains many books, maps, etc., about England, international relations, specifically largely about Russia, the Kennedy assassination, civil rights.

3/18/2018
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

Hi, Doris, I have pulled some of the older books and could make a list of just those, or would you prefer to see the entire list I've catalogued to date, the onedrive file?
Would the $34 be in addition to the $43 referenced in the blurb that came up earlier?

I do not participate in the phone call services. The ad for a call was auto-generated by the site, not me.
I will still continue to work with you in writing an answer you can print out at no extra cost.

There are three places I recommend for selling your books.

Since you have a large number of books, I suggest setting up a store on these sites.

Abebooks.com

Amazon Marketplace

Biblio.com

Or you could try eBay in the Buy It Now format which is usually closer to retail than the auction format.

SEE THE SUGGESTIONS HERE...
How to sell books:
http://www.internetbookselling.com/sell-old-books.html

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20%-50% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.
You can also add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.

Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Thank you.