Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Found an original oil painting by Floyd G. Van Gordon of the…

Customer Question
Found an original oil...

Found an original oil painting by Floyd G. Van Gordon of the Lincoln Memorial dated 1924. Was in my recently found in my recently deceased fathers closet. Is it worth anything?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Thats all I know about it. I think he as an African American artist.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/18/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

Floyd Gay Van Gordon (1889 - 1965)

is a listed artist from California and Michigan

known for painting, watercolor on paper and oil on paper mostly.

Your 1924 original painting of the Lincoln Memorial has a value of

$500 resale.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the five stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.