Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Another auction find....beautiful piece and the only thing I…

Another auction find....beautiful piece and...
Another auction find....beautiful piece and the only thing I think is missing is one stopper. Or would that one have a stopper?
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpgimage5.jpgimage5.jpgimage6.jpgimage6.jpgimage7.jpgimage7.jpg
3/18/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Hi Again,

You might want to put " For Glenda " just in case I stepped away for a minute.

.

In the last picture is that a name on the side of the bottle?

Show me the top of the bottle without the stopper?

Also is the metal holder marked?

For Glenda.....There is a B and possibly c on the base....I cannot find any markings but I'm going to clean and shine it up and a lot of times I find markings then

Hi

I thought I saw the word Italy on the edge of one of the bottles.

The bottle that has no stopper is it kind of satin or rough looking inside the top, like the other bottles look like?

Nothing that says Italy....but in the base...way up where it screws together for the holder....we think it says ***** *****...maybe...and then new ???ven????.....then a 20 2
We're using a magnifying glass because it is so little....it doesn't come apart...si it is about 4-5 inches up in there where it says it

That means this is WM Rogers Triple Plate, Cruet set late 1800's to early 1900's. The one bottle did not come with a stopper.

This set is valued at $125.00-145.00, they sell on average of $90.00-105.00

.

It was a pleasure working for you.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser