Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Yellow teapot with blue vines, blue flowers, and…

I have a Yellow...

I have a Yellow teapot with blue vines, blue flowers, and blue gardening tools. Rake, shovel, sythe, and it says Toile on the bottom. I haven't been able to find out anything about it.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It's old.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Thank you for the images and for your patience.

This is a fairly contemporary teapot from the 1990s that was produced in China and made to look like antique 19th century blue transferware from Staffordshire, England.

Toile is a French word for a this type of decoration on textiles, such as upholstery, curtain and linens.

The teapot was purposely 'antiqued' to look older than it is actually.

This has a highest re-sale value of $10 - $20 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Ok, thank you Nora. I appreciate your help.

You are very welcome and thank you for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora