Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a popup book Christmas Time in Action copyright in…

I have a popup...

I have a popup book Christmas Time in Action copyright in 1949 by Walter P Phillips Newton Mass illustrated by William Kemp Tilley All Occasion Book Publication in mint condition. At the end of book says Patent Applied for.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I found this book after my mom died. Pg 1 & 2 (popup) Santa's Workshop, 3 &4 The Night Before Christmas poem by Clement C Moore 5 & 6 (popup) A Visit From Santa page 7 & 8 Santa Claus and the Mouse Emilie Poulsson permission from Mrs. Katherine Dent page 7 & 8 (popup) visions of Saint Nick page 9 & 10 A Christmas Surprise Louise Dyer Harris, page 11 & 12 (popup) Christmas Morn

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Page 11 and 12 Jingle Bells song written out showing notes and page 13 & 14 Holiday Fun last page shows a child sitting a sleep with a toy drum on one side a little pup next to him and ABC blocks and at the end it has written on the back cover and last page Patent Applied For. I do not know anything else. My mom gave it to me when my son was born in 1971 and I came across it just recently when I moved. My mother passed way 23 years ago. What I have written is by going through each page. I

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

What condition is the book?

good
Have to go to work just email me.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Book Christmas Time in Action copyright in 1949 by Walter P Phillips Newton Mass illustrated by William Kemp Tilley All Occasion Book Publication has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $100.00-125.00 .
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser