Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I HAVE A ILLINOIS MOULDING PAINTING WITH THE NUMBERS

Customer Question
I HAVE A...

I HAVE A ILLINOIS MOULDING PAINTING WITH THE NUMBERS P-142-47 AND A TITLE "HOLIDAY WITH GRANDFATHER" IT IS ALSO STAMPED ON THE BACK INSPECTED BY 221 AND INSPECTED BY 204. HOW DO I RESEARCH THS AND FIND IT'S VALUE?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

MY AUNT HAS HAD THIS PAINTING HANGING ON HER WALL SINCE THE LATE 1950'S. THE GOLD FRAME IS A BEAUTIFUL AS THE PAINTNG.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

IM NOT SURE WHAT DETAILS TO NOTICE, WE ARE MOVING OUT ALL HER BELONGINGS AND DIDNT STUDY IT THAT WELL

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/18/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 6 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

I there! i was glad to receive your excellent pictures.

Is this on canvas? One more thing...please take a good magnifying glass close to a darker area of the piece. Please tell me if you see tiny white dots or a pattern of dots on the piece?

Kind regards,

Doris

Ok I will be over where the painting is later today

There is no hurry at this end.