Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I would like to find the value of a Victorian doll costume.

I would like to...

I would like to find the value of a Victorian doll costume. The dress and hat are silk. It comes with kid leather shoes, gloves and purse; as well as a mink stole and another purse made of fine chain links.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The dress is 16" from shoulder to hem. If I knew how to attach a picture that would be very helpful.

3/18/2018
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hello I would be happy to help you please post photos by clicking on the paper clip or file upload button and follow the prompts. You may also email photos to***@******.*** and in the email put for ladytanya65 so they know to send them on to me. I look forward to helping you.
I am asking this on behalf of a charity. This item was donated but we have no information that would give us any idea of the value.
Thank you please allow me some time as I will research this and post back here upon completion. It is a lovely set and looks to be a complete set. Thank you
Thank you for your time. I will await your response.
This is a lovely set and I wanted to be as thorough as possible. The dress is from 1850-1890 period. It was a time when dolls were dressed as the girls that played with them and their mothers. This is a complete set and very nice. Overall the set as a whole has a value of 200.00-225.00 and individually would see values as follows : the dress and hat and belt would be 50.00 the gloves, shoes, and purse 40.00 the mink stole 45.00-50.00 the chain purse would be 45.00 . You would see a better chance at getting the full value out of the set by selling individually as people wish to have bargins. I would suggest selling online as compared to locally to broaden your audience and chance at gaining the most in value. Thank you if I have helped you completely please rate my work so I may be paid for it from the company. It doesn't cost you anything it is strictly how I get paid. The rating is of the stuff at s above our post here. Thank you it is a great set if doll clothes.
If you have further questions please let me know
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Thank you LadyTanya. That is extremely helpful and I will certainly give you a good rating.