Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Franklin Mint Bonnie and Clyde’s 1932 Ford V-8 not…

I have a Franklin...

I have a Franklin Mint Bonnie and Clyde’s 1932 Ford V-8 not ever set up. Original shipping box and a letter marked from the Dry Gulch Motel. We were interested to see what it’s va might be to sell it

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It’s only been looked at once then put away

3/17/2018
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.
That's a great model. It's a 1:24 diecast replica of the actual getaway car driven by Bonnie and Clyde. It's part of their Precision line. The hood opens, the wheels turn and the trunk rack should even fold like the real one. It's fully detailed right down to the grille shell, wiring and even the plumbing. It even has diecast bulletholes. It also came with a number of accessories ranging from bullets to Clyde's fedora.

.

Not assembled with the original box, it's worth about $125 to $150 in a private sale. With an auction (like Ebay) you can expect about 1/2 that value.

.

The price will vary a bit depending on where you try to sell it. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself in a private sale as opposed to an auction, Ebay, or selling it to a dealer.

.

For selling it yourself, Etsy is a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great online stores too. They generally have a store "setup" fee, so unless you have a lot of items to list, it may be a bit too pricey. They do get the "higher" paying customers though. Etsy actually has one of the lowest current rates. Amazon's Marketplace is another great site for selling items and it reaches a lot of people.

.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). Some buyers have even started using apps or sites like LetGo or Varagesale. The only big downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.

That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great day.
~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser