Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a figurine very old from my grandmother. It looks…

I have a figurine...

I have a figurine very old from my grandmother. It looks like a Capodimonte. A woman holing the world with a lion at her feet. The mark on the Botton is a x with a line runny through it. Is it a Capodimonte?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

There is four round felt cushions on the bottom. perfect condition.

3/17/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Are you there

Yes, I replied above asking for photos of the figurine and the marks on the bottom.

just sent

Thank you, ***** ***** work on this next. I will be back with a written answer in a few minutes.

This is a French porcelain figurine made by Edme Samson and Company of Paris, France

from the early 20th century. He was known for making high-quality pieces in the manner

of Meissen, German porcelain, and other French porcelain. This is his faux crossed-swords

mark that is supposed to look like Meissen (but they never used a straight line).

The figurine has a value of $300 to $400 resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares

Thank you for the good feedback.

If you would like to use me for any future questions,

put ForCustomer/strong> in the text of your question.