Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a number of items but only two that I am excited

Customer Question
I have a number...

I have a number of items but only two that I am excited about that were presumably made at Canadian Porcelain in Hamilton. They are being used as huge plant pots. They are round, diameter 13 inches, height 131/2 inches, colour red/brown, extremely heavy. My grandfather worked at the factory for more than 25 years and died of silicosis as I am sure many of the men did.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

There are two, both are slightly narrower at the base. They are glazed inside and out.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/17/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Can we send our photo to your email address?

You can email the files to***@******.*** with
"for rarewares" in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me within 48 hours.