Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a waterbury clock...named Nantes...cute cherubs

I have a waterbury...

I have a waterbury clock...named Nantes...cute cherubs frolicking the porcelin front...circa 1915...I found it in the garbage behind my apt bldg years ago...not working....just using it as a decorative piece...does it have any value???? I was going to give it to a neighbor who admired it then thought I would find out its value if any.. thx Lorraine

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Dont think so...I also have a 10 piece dining set from the 1920s I will be getting ride of and have no idea of how to determine its value if any....

3/17/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Hello!

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help. Your Waterbury Nantes brass and porcelain clock

made circa 1915 has a value of $40 to $50 in non-working condition. I have this same clock on my desk (working) and it does need an annual cleaning and oiling on the inside by the clock repairman to keep it running. Otherwise, the works get gummy and won't work. So, it might not be broken but just in need of a cleaning.

Do add pictures of the dining room set and I'd be glad to tell you how to sell and what you might get for the set.

A 1920's dining set consisting of a table, chairs, sideboard, buffet and china hutch

has a value of $1500 to $2000 on average.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am computer challanged..I do know how to text pics to a phone nbr..can we do that?

The Premium Service button is greyed out and is not allowing me to send you that offer.

You can email the files to***@******.*** with
"for rarewares" in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me within 48 hours.

I got the photos just now.

This is a 1920's-1930's Jacobean revival style dining set consisting of a table, chairs, sideboard, buffet and china hutch in varied wood veneers having a value of $1200 to $1500 resale.

This style was a revived form of 1600's English Jacobean furniture that was brought back in the 1930's in the US by most furniture makers.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am send pics of 3 of the 10 pieces...they were my late husbands parents who married around 1925...
The other 6 pieces are a dining table with 3 leaves and 6 chairs...painting my place right now and table is buried with stuff right now..the so much Lorain.
I got the photos just now.This is a 1930's Jacobean revival style dining set consisting of a table, chairs, sideboard, buffet and china hutch in varied wood veneers having a value of $1200 to $1500 resale.This style was a revived form of 1600's English Jacobean furniture that was brought back in the 1930's in the US by most furniture makers.Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA), Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them. They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
re the Waterbury clock...if it was in working order what would its value be

If it was in working condition, these sell for $90 to $110.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You are welcome.
To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares
Rarewares
Rarewares