Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have some 2 Japanese dolls brought back from Japan in the…

I have some 2...

I have some 2 Japanese dolls brought back from Japan in the early 60's plus some prints bought at the same time

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The dolls are still wrapped in original packing, I can send pictures if that possible. I know very little about them or the pictures

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not really, just everything is as new

3/17/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

I can help you with the dolls if you can send pictures.

Please see attached
download (1).pngdownloa...pngIMG_1871.jpgIMG_1871.jpgdownload.pngdownload.pngIMG_1871.jpgIMG_1871.jpgIMG_1870.jpgIMG_1870.jpg

I can do the dolls on this question the prints you will need to send as a new question.

.

Are both dolls the same? What size is this?

It’s about 15” tall
Did you receive my images?

Thank you

Can you tell me the names on the dolls?

Thank you

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Japanese Doll, the Princess has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $350.00-450.00, the Junior Samari -$300.00-425.00 Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

If I was to sell these on ebay - whatever, how would I best describe them. Thank you for the valuation.

Hello

If these were mine I would advertise them as Vintage Japanese Princess Doll and Vintage Japanese Junior Samari Doll, this would be good to get people to look at them. The describe them in each description and then send pictures.

.

.
.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
I have those prints, 4 of them, but my budget won't allow me to do at the current time, but I will certainly do so when I can can. Thanks again.

You are very welcome, I tell you what, can you send me a good picture of them, I will give you an idea of what they are selling for ?

Bjrenda, thank you very much, you are very kind. I have attached the four pictures plus image of signature. These are about 13.5"x15.5" . I took one out of the frame, very carefully, there are no markings there. The images seem to have been printed on some kind of fabric material which is glued to a board on the back. These were brought back from Japan in the early 60's
download.pngdownload.pngdownload (1).pngdownloa...pngdownload (2).pngdownloa...pngdownload (3).pngdownloa...pngdownload (4).pngdownloa...pngdownload.pngdownload.png

Hello

I cannot read the signature since I cannot read Japanese and there are no records of Japanese artists. But, I can give you the value of your prints if you like? These are printed on Silk

I don't want to appear like a cheapsate, but Is that going to cost me another $34?

Hello

For me to value the prints, no it will not cost you more.

Thank you. So what would you estimate a price at them for?

Hello

Your vintage Japanese prints are valued at $ 175.00-200.00 each.

Glenda

Glenda, - apologies for calling you Brenda earlier - Thank you again, I really appreciate your help.

No problem, I have been called that and others! I totally understand. I hope you have a wonderful weekend,

Happy St Patrick's day!

If you ever need anything else feel free asking for me, just put " To Glenda " would love to help you again..

Glenda

Glenda, Happy St. Patrick's day to yourself or as we sometimes say in my home town of Belfast "Lá Naomh Pádraig Shona"I do have some other stuff which I will get back to you later on. They are Spanish swords from Toledo (4), they are hand tempered stainless steel, with made in Toledo Spain. I need to clean them up first, some rust on them otherwise they are in good condition, but would you be able to help me with these in the future, how's your expertise in swords. :)
Thank
Bruce

Thank you Bruce

Yes, I can help you with those, just be sure to send them " To Glenda "

Hi Bruce

Can you tell me why you got a refund for this? I hope it was not something I did?

Glenda