Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I would some information about my Grandmother's wedding

Customer Question
I would some information...

I would some information about my Grandmother's wedding china. It's Haviland Limoges circa 1913, but I don't know the pattern. The dishes are plain, white (not ivory) and have a very plain, narrow gold band trim. They are more delicate than the modern Symphonie pattern without any pattern in the gold borders. I have all the serving pieces but rarely use the set because I need to find additional plates in several

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Sizes. How can I find out what this pattern is called? Thanks, ***** *****

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/17/2018
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 4 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hi I would love to help you my name is ***** ***** look me to look this up for you and post back. I will post back when I am finished thank you .
This china has far more pieces than standard modern place settings. Pretty amazing to have just the right size bowls or plates, no matter what you're serving! Unfortunately, by the time I received this set, many of the place settings were incomplete.
It is one of the earlier sets and I am looking for the pattern now. It may take some time as I am going through pattern books. Thank you for your patience. These older sets are wonderful. Hard to find prices but they are beautiful.
Thank you. I suppose it’ll be difficult to find replacements for something so old. My own pieces have survived mainly because they’ve gone unused and carefully stored for almost 15 years. I used to use them and would like to again.

Hi I have gone through hundreds of photos in books this Haviland limoge set is beautiful began in 1909 and there has been no pattern name through all my research. I appreciate the time however will opt out and allow another expert opportunity to help you Someone else may be able to offer help. Thank you and I will check back to see if the name is found.

Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 3 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

If the back of your China does not have a name or a number then it was not issued a pattern name, it could be that the set was produced by Haviland for another company that would have put their pattern name on the containers, or it was not given a pattern name because it was produced for a store. That does not mean it cannot be valued if that is what you are wanting. We see sets of China with no pattern names all the time, it is quite common with Haviland. It sounds as if you have their more Elegant, simple style. If you can tell me what pieces you have and is this a service for 8 , 10 or 12 I can get the value for you.

Glenda

Hi Glenda,
Thank you for responding to my inquiry. The dishes have no pattern name and date from about 1913. I don’t really need a valuation because I will not be selling them but I hoped to find some missing place setting pieces. This China is so old that I’m probably not going to find what I need, or not in good condition, especially since I can look for it by name. Oh well. I do appreciate your response!
Laura Russ

Hello Laura

Yes actually you can find what you need. I can give you two sites you can contact, you just contact them, take a picture of what you have, email it to them, they will find it for you. They have thousands of pieces of china, I have completed three sets using these two sites.

Glenda