Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Mcbride antique chair. Antique mcbride are chair. I believe…

Mcbride antique chair Expert's...

Mcbride antique chair

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Antique mcbride are chair

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I believe it was refinished 100 years ago

3/17/2018
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures?

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

Alternately, you can upload them to the free site www.imgur.com and post the link here.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

There is a signature mcbride on the bottom

Thank you. Can you post a photo of that as well?

Thanks! I'm going to research this now.

Do you post your answer here

I will, and you'll get a notice that it's here. Just give me a bit more time.

Ok thankyou

Walter Macbride

Braced bow-back continuous-arm Windsor chair.

1785-1810

Turned arm supports, legs, and stretchers.

W Macbride N-York incised mark

Old repairs, possibly refinished from original painted surface.

Retail replacement value (Insurance purposes): $2,000.00

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

AppraiserJM