Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a black ceramic urn with lid, marking on the bottom…

Customer Question
I have a black...

I have a black ceramic urn with lid, marking on the bottom is unclear, I can make out..jorty Bornyoin

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Circa 1900, just wondering if you know anything about it? Regards John.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It has a pattern carved around the body of the pot and lid.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/17/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 4 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi, I will be happy to help you with your question. Please add images at your convenience
Hi Nora, Images of my IMG_2153.IMG_2154.JPG
I hope you can open them to see what it is.

There are no images showing here on my end.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora