Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

3/17/2018
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hi I've been checking and didn't see this request Thank you I will look this up now and post back when completed

conservatively this has a value of###-##-####00 These are highly collectible and there are collectors that seek C Jere sculptures. This one is an oil rig done nicely and with different metals to show detail. It is intricate and took a great deal of time to design and produce. These were all hand made and without a signature I cant say which of their arts did this one however the C Jere name is ***** ***** for their pieces and this is one of theirs. I am sure somewhere on the rig is a name or symbol.

__________________________________________

This is a link to tell you a little about C Jere I have pasted the first half for you here under the link They were sold through Gumps here in California and it was to offer metal statues and such that were afford to everyone. Quality pieces at affordable prices to the mass population.

http://www.groovywares.com/articles.asp?id=132

Curtis Jere© is a brand name for the company Artisan House. The founders of Artisan House, Jerry Fels and his brother-in-law Curtis Freiler, started ArtisanHouse in 1964 with the intention of providing original high gallery quality metalart for the masses. The name “Curtis Jere was created by simply combing theirtwo first names Curtis and Jer. We don'tknow why the French ampersand was added but can guess that it was to promote ahigh quality image as items from France at that time were considered quiteupscale.

Thecreative half of the duo was Jerry Fels, As head designer for Artisan House inthe early days he is the person that people like to think of as “Curtis Jere.Indeed, in a 2007 interview with Mr. Fels published in Modernism Magazineshortly before his death the article read in part, “Jerry Fels, California ArtisanHouse's longtime design director and president, is the 'real' Curtis Jere, theelusive but influential metal artist. Renewed interest is being shown in CurtisJere's handcrafted wall and table sculptures, lamps and table bases whichcapture the mood of California making the works among the most collectiblemid-century decorative pieces presently.

JerryFels passed away after 90 talented productive years on November 5, 2007

Curtis and Jerry soldArtisan House in 1972 but Jerry stayed on as head designer for several years. By1978 another designer was creating many of the favorite c. jere designs that weso know and love - BJ Keith. Here is a quote from an email conversation that Groovywareshad with BJs daughter , Linnie Aikens, after listing a 1980 giant Jere can opener lastyear:

“ My motherdesigned this piece in 1970 or 71 when I was either 10 or 11. It was her veryfirst piece for the Artisan House and the first of the kitchen utensilcollection. She is quite famous in the metal sculpture field now. Her work hasbeen in Architectural Digest, American Bungalow (article "An ArtistsBungalow") as well as in too numerous to count exec offices on television.She actually learned to weld on this piece it was her ticket in to ArtisanHouse! Jerry Fels was an inspiration and my mother's mentor and goodfriend. As his protege, beginning in thelate 1970's B.J.Keith grew from designer to top designer when Fels moved toColorado. She served as Art Director for the company for at least a decade,teaching and helping other artists to perfect their skills, and recentlyretired from full-time after 30 years with the company.

BJsdaughter Linnie maintains a wonderful Blog about her Mom at http://quietpanache.blogspot.com/

Artisan House still produces wonderful metal sculptures includingreintroductions of popular mid-century designs. Artisan House sculptures are no longer made in California.Production went overseas to China in 2003.

Vintage C. Jere works are highly collectible and can sell for thousands ofdollars. C. Jere works range from representational to highly abstract. Some ofthe older techniques, such as enameling, the use of resin, and the bronzes, haven't been used in decades.

Read more: http://www.groovywares.com/articles.asp?id=132#ixzz5A2t600qq
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution No Derivatives

____________________________________

if you have other items go ahead and we can add them here to go through to help you.

Hi just wanted to check if you had other items to post here. I will check again I am online for awhile tonight.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks! Hi here is another couple Brass Vintage Console table. pics attached/. size is apoximately 50"17"19"
Hi I will check the other question also as there are no photos attached here Thank you.
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser