Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Heavily decorated old key 5 1/2 inches marks above teeth one…

Customer Question
Heavily decorated old key...

Heavily decorated old key 5 1/2 inches long marks above teeth one side says AFY CAFL on the other

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Just finding things at my parents home after they passed

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is very heavy. there are marks on the grip but I don't know what they are

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/17/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 4 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora