Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am trying to find the value of a Grandfather clock my

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find the value of a Howard Miller Grandfather clock my mother needs to sell.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The clock is 80 inches high, has 3 Westminster Chimes with the silencer. She has had the clock for close to 20 years. She bought it from a couple that had also owned it for a long time. I have pictures if that would help.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It's in wonderful condition and fully functional.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/16/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There is usually a serial number plate on the bottom back or inside the door.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the clock,
dial and any markings on the back or on the movement.

I don't know about the serial number plate. The clock is at my mom's house in PA and I'm in ME.
29026348_179227567080285...jpg2902634...jpg29026504_179227549413620...jpg2902650...jpg29136486_179227576746950...jpg2913648...jpg29177474_179227371413638...jpg2917747...jpg

Thank you for the images, I will look these over for you.

It will take a bit to research and write back, so I'll be back with you a little later.~Rarewares

Great. I will wait to hear from you.