Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images of these in natural light and a view of the underside of them as well.

Also, check the body of these everywhere for a signature if any.

~Nora

If you could please provide an in-focus image in natural light that would be helpful to see the truest sense of the colors in the glass.

~Nora

Ok.It keeps rejecting my files saying they are too large

Reducing the file size should remedy that, however I am not able to guide you through reducing file sizes....

I received your images and thank you for your patience.

These are more than likely not Murano glass from Italy.

They are free-form amberina and smoky brown topaz tones in a graduated size, and most definitely Mid Century Modern era.

The most likely possible maker is Chalet Canada Glass.

High value for the pair together $300 - $400 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora

Thanks so much for another positive rating here - please feel free to request me by name any time :)

~Nora

Thank you!!!

Certainly, you are very welcome! ~Nora

Thank you Nora. You are so thurough and explain more about the item in question than any other appraiser. I applaud you for your excellence in your field of work.
Sincerely
Colette

I appreciate yours words very much, Colette - thank you! ~Nora