Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a large collection of Fire (jadite) that I have

Customer Question
I have a large...

I have a large collection of Fire King (jadite) that I have collected over the last 25 years. Some unusual pieces. I used to know what it was worth but

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

W

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I have a butter dish (with clear cover) once I saw for sale at $450. Egg cups Jane Ray plates, Swirl dinner plates bread and butter plates, nesting bowls, cups saucer and mugs soup bowls, cereal bowls, serving pieces and platters. I know it has decreased in value since the ***** ***** era but wonder what you know about it now? Judy

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Antique Expert: ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser replied 6 months ago
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser

Thanks for the question, Judy! As you've noted, the prices for Fire King Jadite have decreased substantially in the past decade. Typical prices for a covered butter dish might be $60 to $100 and egg cups can be found for $12 to $18. The best pricing is on etsy (the listing prices are starting points and items often sell for less). Etsy seems reflective of the current market.

Let me know if I can be of further help. Again, thanks and please rate my professionalism using the 5-star system. It doesn't cost you more and is the sole way that JustAnswer recognizes experts.