Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Have an old porcelain bowl 8"l x21/2W Alphread meakin

Customer Question
Have an old porcelain...

Have an old porcelain bowl 8"l x21/2W Alphread meakin ironstone china. W/lid How old? is it worth anything??

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Came from my wife's dad, a second generation German Immigrant At least 60-70 years old

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Made in England and Alphread Meakin name and ironstone creast on the bottom.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/16/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

If it is round with a lid and a handle on one side, then it is an Alfred Meakin of Staffordshire, England

ironstone chamber pot with lid, circa 1880 with a value of $35.

If it is round with a lid and no handle, then it is an Alfred Meakin of Staffordshire, England ironstone

covered vegetable server made circa 1880 with a value of $50 to $65.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Your response is only about round This one is oval--8"long by 2 1/2 " wide

Does it have handles?

I'd really like to see photos.

On the lid only.

Will you be able to add a photo of the bowl and the marks?