Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a cookie jar that is dated 1945 With a design patent…

Hi! I have a...

Hi! I have a cookie jar that is dated 1945 With a design patent #137120. A.B. Co. Very basic cow it used to be cute country painted coverall outfit. But has past paint fell off and is white. I just wanted some history, it was my grandmother's and I have had it for 30 years. My attempts to research it has failed miserably.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

That is all I have on it. When I got it most of the outfit was there but it flaked off to a shiny off white.

3/16/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Back up from the item and try that one again, it is too blurry to see.

Date

Got it, writing my answer now.

This is a 1945 American Bisque Pottery Co (ABCO) bull cookie jar.

The American Pottery Co began in 1942 named as the Stoin-Lee Pottery

in Byesville, Ohio then moved to Marietta, Ohio until 1965. American Pottery Company

subcontracted some cookie jars to American Bisque Pottery Co of Williamston, West Virginia

where your jar was made. This bull cookie jar with missing paint is valued at $40 today. I will add a photo

of what it looked like painted.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Nice, your so knowledgeable.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares