Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a diamond ring that was purchased 18 years ago for…

I have a diamond...

I have a diamond ring that was purchased 18 years ago for $8500, and I am interested in seeing how much it is worth today.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is 14K Gold ring with about 20 small diamonds in a unique patters that looks like 3 triangles.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The marking on the inside of the ring has a 14K IKG on and G 207 engraved on the inside.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/16/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Did you get the file?

Thank you, ***** *****

I will work on this next.

This is a vintage ladies 14k yellow gold diamond cluster

cocktail ring with approximately twenty (20) round brilliant cut,

prong-set diamonds totaling 2ctw set in a North-South cluster design.

The value of this ring today is $10,000 resale and $28,000 insurance/replacement value.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Awesome, one other question. If I want to sell this ring what could I get from a dealer? Any suggestions?

A dealer will offer you $2800 to $3250-it is not the best idea to sell the ring.

I would suggest an auction house that does well with fine vintage jewelry.

Go to liveauctioneers.com and search their site for an auction house

like Skinner's in Boston or one in your area in a big city where they get the highest prices.

Rarewares