Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Ladytanya65... I have this needlepoint bench and lucite

Customer.. I have this needlepoint...
Customer.. I have this needlepoint bench and lucite vanity bar sconce. the needlepoint is very old and lucite seems to be from 60s but can't get an exact value on either. I can send pics
3/16/2018
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hi thanks k you Yes please send photos when you have time. I appreciate your request and look forward to helping you on these.
oops that is the lucite also I have lots of pics of booth if you need more let me know
Very nice window bench 1930- early 1940 time period. Value is 275-300.00
The vanity lucite bar is 1969-1979s period and these were mounted horizontally or vertically to give more light. The value is 225-275.00 and we're considered mid century modern in the decorating world. Today they are used for many types of lighting needs
Forgive me as I had thought the photos would come later. I signed off thinking you didn't have photos. You do have some great items and I enjoy helping you.
I have lots more that I am trying to sell but having a hard time whether they are priced wrong or I am just using the wrong avenue. I had the lucite priced around 400 and had no idea about the cherubs. Just found the bench and was going to start it around 350-4 but that was just an unprofessional opinion. I will probably ask you some more things after I get off work. Thabks again!
Great I would be happy to help you on them
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
I sent you a question about the antique stained glass and the MGM couch, but I keep thinking of other things. This does not have any Milo Baughman Markings but looks like it. Unfortunately I broke a piece of glass moving it and dont want to mess with replacing it. can you value with and without the glass. Thank you!
Hi thank you for the request. I will be. Reviewing these items and post back when completed. I will do the stained glass with and without the glass of course thank you
I meant the Milo Baughman Style Swivel table with and without the glass
Thank you for the clarification. I will do both.
there are three additional photos. Thank I will have these all completed for you. I appreciate your help on the photos.

This is a beautiful table done in the style of Milo Baughman. The center columns have a bamboo type knuckle where as his tables were straight. The top two shelves of your table are spaced and his on tables the top two tiers were closer for a higher table top on the first two layers. None the less this is a beautiful table, I am attaching a table of Milo Baughman so you may see his table that this was styled after.

Milo Baughman was an American designer born in 1923 and died in 1983, best know for his modern furniture designs that were progressive and yet affordable.

Your table was done in the late 1960s early 1970s and is mid century modern. The value if the glass was replaced is 400-450.00 and without the glass being replaced would sell for 350.00 as is. Mid Century Modern is slowly fading now in demand on the market so a fast selling price would be 350.00 with glass replaced and 275.00 without glass replaced. It depends on where you sell these as to what the market can bring you.

I have had it for sale on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist locally in Oklahoma City, but have also put it on Chairish and Etsy with a ton of "likes" and inquiries in all avenues that I tried, but no purchasers. I started it about 3 months ago at 350 I think and ive knocked it all the way down to $150 locally but stayed at $250-300 on the nationwide sites. The problem is the shipping is as much as the table and the OKC market doesn't get it, but I have advertised it as "Milo Baughman Style" or Milo Baughman inspired" I got it for $50 at a thrift type store. So Mid-Century is starting to go out of style? What is the next big thing?
There's no real trend yet Mid Century is still being sought but not in waves as it was. Shabby chic has held throughout the period but right now no real trend holding strong. The in style of and inspired are good descriptions as it is true.
you got the couch and the stained glass requests too right? No rush I was just making sure I sent them correctly.
Hi yes they are completed all. You should have gotten an email stating they were answered . Thank you
Thanks so much. I have some more stuff just no energy to post it. Is it unlimited questions with the membership?
Hi I really don't know about charges and stuff. Experts aren't privy to the company's business. We are not even employees. You can contact***@******.*** to find out all of that. I will be online all weekend so just let me know if you would like to have me I will watch for my name on questions. Thank you