Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 2 oriental vases I would like to find a value on. is…

I have 2 oriental...

I have 2 oriental vases I would like to find a value on. is there a way to send a photo or how does this wirk,

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

They are mostly blue and hand painted with symbols and decorations. they are 15.5 inches tall. 12.5 inches across..Circle shape but flat and 3.5 inches deep. there are decorative handles on the top side. there is a 4 inch tall round opening that is 3.5 inches across

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

There are also symbols on the bottom

3/16/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Thank you for the image.

Please add a photo of both together and a clear, in-focus close-up of the marks on the underside.

~Nora

Thank you, ***** ***** please need to see a clear, in-focus extreme close-up of the marks on one of these.

Yes, perfect thank. Please allow me some time to look this over and to write your assessment. I will post your answer here when complete. ~Nora

ok. thank you

Certainly

Thank you for your patience.

These are Chinese Poudre Bleu porcelain baoyueping or bianhu form vases, also called moon or pilgrim's flask vases.

The mark on the underside phonetically translates to Da Qing Qianlong Nian Zhi, which means Great Qing Dynasty, Qianlong Period, Made.

The Qianlong Period was from 1711 - 1799; however with marks on Chinese wares, the characters state a Dynasty after which the style of the item is made. In other words, the Dynasty or reign mentioned in the mark does not mean it was made during that time. Your moon flask vase pair was produced in the 2nd half of the 20th century and not during the 18th century.

High value for the pair together is $200 - $400 on today's market.

You will now need to take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora