Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Erika Hult de Corral - I have a hinged and red coral and…

Erika Hult de Corral...

Erika Hult de Corral - I have a hinged white and red coral and onyx bracelet. I haven't been able to locate anything that looks like this. Heavy piece, signed

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Erika Hult de Corral heavy hinged red and white coral/onyx bracelet. marked RIC / New Mexico/ 925. I haven't seen anything like this in pictures of her work. Can you place it or direct me. I am looking for a value or direction as to where else to loo.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

From the 60's or 70's

3/16/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Please also show the mark, thanks!

Got it, thank you. I will write my answer next.

This is a pre-1966 sterling silver link bracelet with carved Aztec/Mayan warrior faces in red coral

and channel-set cabochon white onyx links made by Erika Hult de Corral. She was a designer that worked in Taxco, Mexico with the famous silversmiths there before she moved to Puerto Vallarta in 1966. She did do the carved faces in different stones on some pieces. You won't find one "like this" because her pieces are designer artisan pieces rather than a mass-produced line of jewelry.

She was known as a brutalist/modernist designer and signed her pieces with RIC.

This bracelet from about 1960 has a current value of $1200 resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares

Thank you for the good feedback.

If you would like to use me for any future questions,

put ForCustomer/strong> in the text of your question.