Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

More had piece from the Hoover estate. Unfortunately has a…

For Glenda One more had piece...
For Glenda
One more had piece from the Hoover estate. Unfortunately has a chipped edge which I’ve photographed for you. Piece measures 3 x 11 without stand. Quite heavy.
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpgimage5.jpgimage5.jpg
3/16/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

I am sorry the pictures are so blown up on my end I cannot tell what this is. I think the site changed something with their picture uploading, all the pictures the last two days have come in so large we cannot tell what they are. Is it possible on your end to make it smaller, or maybe you could email it in?

In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Did you ever get the pictures that I emailed to you?
I emailed 6-8 pictures this morning

I just got these. This appears to be a stone of some sort, is that what you think. It looks like a green quartz?

Hello

Can you check the bottom of this to see if it is marked? I found these, they are carved green quartz bowls,

HelloAre you still wanting a value for this? Can you check the bottom of this to see if it is marked? I found these, they are carved green quartz bowls,
Home with the wretched stomach flu. Will go to my shop tomorrow and check the bottom. Sorry for the delay.

No problem. I am sorry you are sick! hope you feel better soon.

No problem at all I totally understand.

OK, you have one of the older ones, around 1960's. These are produced in China they are Green Quartz, on a Carved Bamboo Stand, They are valued at $130.00-145.00, if I were selling this I would sell it for 145.00. You do not find green quartz very often.

Hope you are feeling better,

.

It was a pleasure working for you.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Thank you!

You are very welcome.