Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My parents were given a set of Rosenthal Helena china by a…

My parents were given...

My parents were given a set of Rosenthal Helena china by a family friend who grew up in Germany. They have been in storage forever and I finally had some time to look into them. the Mark says SELB Germany, and they have a back 25. I know nothing of china.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

One saucer is broken, and it looks like one tea cup has lost its handle

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece/set that came with your original inquiry.
Let me know if this is a service for 8, 10 or 12 plus serving pieces.
Add pictures of the pattern and the maker's mark on the bottom of one piece by using the +Add File feature.

12 piece setting, one tea cup is missing, one has a bro***** *****dle. They have been used, there are a few little chips
IMG_4630.jpgIMG_4630.jpgIMG_4629.jpgIMG_4629.jpgIMG_4628.jpgIMG_4628.jpgIMG_4627.jpgIMG_4627.jpgIMG_4626.jpgIMG_4626.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2...jpgUNADJUS...jpg

Thank you for the images, I will look these over for you.

This is a service for 12 plus serving pieces (some chips and damage) in Rosenthal China of Selb, Germany

on the Helena shape in pattern number 3656 made circa 1950. Rosenthal often put different patterns on named shapes. This service has a value of $400 to $500 resale on the secondary market.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares

Thank you for the good feedback.

If you would like to use me for any future questions,

put ForCustomer/strong> in the text of your question.