Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Sorry for the delay...... I have a Turkish (Russian ?)

Customer Question
Hi, Sorry for the...

Hi, Sorry for the delay...... I have a Turkish (Russian ?) Samovar, 22 in. tall, with 10 exhibition seals stamped into the brass, including one with date 1870. Also has brass tray. I was offered $2000.00 for it some years ago. It is in moderate condition.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not really. It was purchased in a Turkish Antique store (in Turkey) about 50 years ago. The inside would need a deep cleaning in the event someone would want to use it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/15/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 6 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

I will try to email a picture from my (not fancy) cell phone. Address: ww2.justanswer.com.Nora OK?
Not now. I will try again within a few days (with a better cell phone) to forward pictures. What email address should I use to send them to you, Nora?

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Thank you. I will forward pics to you as soon as possible
A

Great thanks - no rush. Any time is fine