Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a children's china set from the early 1900's. Cup,

Customer Question
I have a children's...

I have a children's china set from the early 1900's. Cup, saucer and plate. The back of the plate says "The Trenle China Co. Virginia" with a crown in the middle. There is a little girl holding a cat with three dachshunds looking at her on the plate, also a little boy on a wooden rocking horse with a dachsund and a baby pulling the tale of a black dachshund in from of a standing mirror. Is there any value to this set?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The cup also has the little boy on the rocker and a little girl with a broken doll and a black dachshund on the other side of the cup. All three pieces have a gold rim. The saucer has the baby with the mirror and a little girl holding a tablecloth while a black dachshund is pulling it off a table. My aunt had this set and she was born in 1898.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/15/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 4 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Will need to upload file. Please give me a little time. Should be able to get back to you in an hour. Thanks for your patience. Diane

No rush, any time is fine

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

ok. Will do that. Thanks.

Great, thank you. ~Nora