Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

How much does this cost and can i send a picture? Do I know…

How much does this...

How much does this cost and can i send a picture?

Expert's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Antiques Appraiser's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Do I know the cost before I pay?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I want to know the value of an vintage mirror and pair of chairs.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Can I send a picture?

3/15/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

I have a pair of identical chairs that I was told are from 1890-1900. Wondering if you can confirm date and possible value. Secondly, I was curious date and value of the vintage mirror. The mirror may have been purchased in the 70's. Pictures to follow.

ok, thank you

4 pics total

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Thank you for the images and for your patience.

The chairs do indeed are late Victorian and date to just about 1890-1900.

Each could sell for $175 - $250 per chair on today's market.

The wall mirror is done in the Hollywood Regency style and would have been made around 1950 - 1970s.

This can sell for up to $300 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Thank you!

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora