Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have another old book, which is leather bound, and the…

I have another old book...
I have another old book, which is leather bound, and the cover is torn from the binding by about one inch. The title is "Matthew Arnold's Poems" copyright 1925 by Nathan Haskell Dole; published by Thomas V. Crowell Company, New York. Can you place a value on this book?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello Again

Does this say First Edition ?

I can't find it anywhere.

Thank you, ***** ***** back

Hi
If you have more books it is best to put my name at the beginning of the questions this ensures I can help you with these. I may step away and the name at the beginning is best. Also if you like I do not mind doing two books per question for you. Most experts only do one but, I do not mind doing two as long as it is the same genre, such as your books.

,.
The Book Matthew Arnold's Poems" copyright 1925 by Nathan Haskell Dole Leather bound, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $115.00-120.00 Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I found a notation on a separate page before the biographical introduction by Nathan Haskell Dole. It says: "The present edition of the poetical works of Matthew Arnold is enriched by the addition of all of his earlier and later poems, hitherto uncollected. This includes a reprint of his two prize poems, "Alaric at Rome" and "Cromwell"; the first having been recently discovered in almost unique copies has attracted much attention and interest not only as the earliest known work of their talented author, but also for its inherent beautify and power. This edition is therefore most complete in every respect. The brie

Hello

yes, that is the one I found in my data base and also my Book of Books reference guide.

.

In case you did not see my answer:

Hi

,.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Thank you very much Glenda