Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have two carved figurines of Ram and Sita. The are about.

I have two carved...

I have two carved wood figurines of Ram and Sita. The are about

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have two wooden dark brown figurines of Ram and Sita, one of Ram and one of Sita. They are each about fifteen inches tall from the chest to the top of their crowns. They each have "A'FATIMA BALI" inscribed on the bottom and were purchased in India about 1952. Can you appraise?

3/15/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Attached is a picture of 2 wooden figurines of Ram and Sita, they are approximately fifteen inches tall and were purchased in India about 1952. There is an inscription on the bottom of each of them which reads "A'FATIMAH BALI". What is their value and where would be a good place to sell them?

Thank you for the images, I will look these over for you.

This is a 1950's pair of hardwood carved busts of Ram and Sita carved by A. Fatimah

of Bali, Indonesia. These have a value of $100 to $140 as a pair.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Chairish.com, Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Thank you very much for the estimate.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares